Deadly San Carlos House Fire Started By Smoking Materials - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Deadly San Carlos House Fire Started By Smoking Materials

Posted: Updated:

A man smoking in bed caused a fire that killed him and destroyed his San Carlos house today, authorities reported.

Neighbors reported the blaze in the 6200 block of Spruce Lake Avenue about 9:40 a.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

It took crews less than 10 minutes to extinguish the flames, which caused extensive damage to the single-story home, rendering it a complete loss, SDFRD spokesman Maurice Luque said.

The resident, whose name was not immediately available, was found on a bed, Luque said. Investigators determined that his smoking materials had sparked the blaze.

No other injuries were reported.

Officials set the monetary losses at $400,000.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.