Bartlett, Padres agree to $11 million, 2-year deal - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Bartlett, Padres agree to $11 million, 2-year deal

Posted: Updated:
(AP) (AP)

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Infielder Jason Bartlett and the San Diego Padres have agreed to an $11 million, two-year contract that avoided salary arbitration.

Bartlett gets $4 million this year and $5.5 million in 2012. The Padres hold a $5.5 million option for 2013 with a $1.5 million buyout.

Acquired last month from Tampa Bay, Bartlett hit .254 last year with 27 doubles, three triples, four homers and 47 RBIs.

He was originally selected by San Diego in the 13th round of the 2001 amateur draft.

Five Padres remain eligible to file for arbitration this week: pitchers Mike Adams, Heath Bell and Tim Stauffer, third baseman Chase Headley and outfielder Ryan Ludwick.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.

  • SportsMore>>

  • Ultimate Pigskin Picks

    Ultimate Pigskin Picks

    CBS 8 invite you to play along with other San Diego football fans each week and pick the winners!  See how you do against News 8's Sports Director, Kyle Kraska and win weekly prizes!

     

    CBS 8 invite you to play along with other San Diego football fans each week and pick the winners!  See how you do against News 8's Sports Director, Kyle Kraska and win weekly prizes!

     
  • Irving: No cares about LeBron's feelings when leaving Cavs

    Irving: No cares about LeBron's feelings when leaving Cavs

    Tuesday, September 19 2017 8:44 AM EDT2017-09-19 12:44:12 GMT
    New Boston Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving says he doesn't care if anyone took it personally that he left Cleveland, even Cavaliers star LeBron James. 
    New Boston Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving says he doesn't care if anyone took it personally that he left Cleveland, even Cavaliers star LeBron James. 
  • Timmons' future with Dolphins uncertain after disappearance

    Timmons' future with Dolphins uncertain after disappearance

    Tuesday, September 19 2017 8:44 AM EDT2017-09-19 12:44:07 GMT
    Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase declined Monday to discuss linebacker Lawrence Timmons' future with the team, which may be brief. Timmons went AWOL Saturday, the day before the Dolphins' season opener at the Los... 
    Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase declined Monday to discuss linebacker Lawrence Timmons' future with the team, which may be brief. Timmons went AWOL Saturday, the day before the Dolphins' season opener at the Los Angeles Chargers. 
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.