LA police investigating Lohan for jewelry theft - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

LA police investigating Lohan for jewelry theft

Posted: Updated:
FILE - In this Jan. 9, 2011 file photo, Lindsay Lohan attends the Los Angeles Lakers New York Knicks NBA basketball game in Los Angeles. FILE - In this Jan. 9, 2011 file photo, Lindsay Lohan attends the Los Angeles Lakers New York Knicks NBA basketball game in Los Angeles.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lindsay Lohan remains under investigation for possible grand theft hours after detectives obtained a search warrant to try to retrieve a necklace reported stolen, police said Wednesday.

Officer Bruce Borihanh said the $2,500 piece of jewelry was reported stolen on Jan. 22, roughly three weeks after the "Mean Girls" star was released after spending three months in court-ordered rehab.

The store is in the Venice area of Los Angeles, where the actress now lives, he said.

The necklace was turned over to detectives on Tuesday, hours after police obtained a search warrant for Lohan's home, Borihanh said.

An e-mail message sent to Lohan's attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, was not immediately returned.

Police were not releasing additional details about the item Wednesday morning.

Lohan, 24, remains on probation for a 2007 drunken driving case and is due in court later this month.

Prosecutors in Riverside County continue to consider whether to press battery charges against Lohan over a December altercation the actress had with a worker at a Betty Ford Center facility in Palm Desert.

Any additional convictions could land the former Disney star back in jail. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elden S. Fox had warned Lohan at a hearing last year that he would send her back to jail if she violated the terms of her probation again.

The investigation was first reported by celebrity website RadarOnline.com.

 

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.

  • Entertainment NewsEntertainment NewsMore>>

  • Prince Harry raises Invictus Games flag over Sydney Harbor

    Prince Harry raises Invictus Games flag over Sydney Harbor

    Friday, October 19 2018 3:09 AM EDT2018-10-19 07:09:09 GMT
    Sunday, October 21 2018 7:29 AM EDT2018-10-21 11:29:21 GMT
    (AP Photo/Steve Christo, Pool). Britain's Prince Harry, left, Australia's Prime Minister Scott Morrison, second from left, and Invictus Games representatives climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge in Sydney, Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2018. Prince Harry and his wife M...(AP Photo/Steve Christo, Pool). Britain's Prince Harry, left, Australia's Prime Minister Scott Morrison, second from left, and Invictus Games representatives climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge in Sydney, Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2018. Prince Harry and his wife M...
    Prince Harry has scaled the Sydney Harbor Bridge to raise a flag marking the arrival of the Invictus Games, his brainchild and the focus of his current royal tour of Australia and the South Pacific. 
    Prince Harry has scaled the Sydney Harbor Bridge to raise a flag marking the arrival of the Invictus Games, his brainchild and the focus of his current royal tour of Australia and the South Pacific. 
  • Lena Dunham shutting down online feminist newsletter

    Lena Dunham shutting down online feminist newsletter

    Friday, October 19 2018 11:49 AM EDT2018-10-19 15:49:35 GMT
    Saturday, October 20 2018 7:22 PM EDT2018-10-20 23:22:39 GMT
    (Photo by Brent N. Clarke/Invision/AP, File). FILE - In this April 22, 2017, file photo, producers Jenni Konner, left, and Lena Dunham attend a screening of "Tokyo Project" during the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival in New York. Dunham is shutting down her ...(Photo by Brent N. Clarke/Invision/AP, File). FILE - In this April 22, 2017, file photo, producers Jenni Konner, left, and Lena Dunham attend a screening of "Tokyo Project" during the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival in New York. Dunham is shutting down her ...
    Lena Dunham is shutting down her online feminist newsletter. 
    Lena Dunham is shutting down her online feminist newsletter. 
  • Poland hands over site of future Warsaw Ghetto Museum

    Poland hands over site of future Warsaw Ghetto Museum

    Friday, October 19 2018 10:59 AM EDT2018-10-19 14:59:26 GMT
    Saturday, October 20 2018 10:48 PM EDT2018-10-21 02:48:41 GMT
    Officials in Poland have taken a step toward the creation of a museum that will tell the story of the life and death of Jews imprisoned in horrific conditions in the Warsaw Ghetto by Nazi Germany during its... 
    Officials in Poland have taken a step toward the creation of a museum that will tell the story of the life and death of Jews imprisoned in horrific conditions in the Warsaw Ghetto by Nazi Germany during its occupation of Poland. 
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KFMB-TV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.