Ronald McDonald House Dream House Raffle: Next Early Bird Winner - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Ronald McDonald House Dream House Raffle: Next Early Bird Winners chosen at News 8 studios

Posted: Updated:

How would you like the chance to win the house of your dreams? It's possible thanks to the Ronald McDonald House of San Diego. So far, RMHC-SD has awarded $40,000 cash to winners of the first early bird drawing of the 7th annual Dream House Raffle fundraiser. Enter this raffle and be eligible for the next early bird drawing, as well as subsequent drawings and the grand prize, April 6 at the News 8 studios.

Here are the details:

Tickets must be purchased by March 25, to be entered into the next early bird drawing for $35,000.

The grand prize drawing for the Dream House Raffle is set for June 4. Entrants have a chance to win an exquisite $1.8 million dream home. The home is a 7,300 s.f. custom mountaintop estate with five bedrooms and five baths on nearly an acre of sweeping ocean and mountain views. All proceeds help Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego (RMHC-SD) provide a "home away from home" to families with hospitalized children.

RMHC-SD will sell up to 37,000 tickets for the Dream House Raffle. As incentive to purchase tickets early, the raffle includes two more early bird drawings with cash prizes totaling $53,000 for tickets purchased before the deadlines of March 25 and April 22. The grand prize drawing deadline is May 20. For a complete list of prizes or to purchase tickets go to

Any individual who buys more than one ticket will be entered into an additional, exclusive Multi-Ticket Drawing to win a 2011 Porsche Boxster or $30,000 cash; a European vacation or $10,000 cash; or a Hawaiian vacation or $5,000 cash. Multi-ticket purchasers will receive an entry into this drawing with each ticket they purchase. If ticketholders refer a friend to purchase a ticket, they will be included in the Refer-a-Friend drawing and given the chance to win $15,000 cash.

Proceeds for the raffle will help support the operation of the Ronald McDonald House of San Diego, a 65,000 s.f. "home away from home" for families with hospitalized children. With 47 bedrooms for families to stay in overnight and a Family Care Center that's open during the day to anyone with a child in a local hospital, the House serves 20,000 family members per year.

To enter the Raffle, call 888-824-9939, or go to and print out a registration form. Forms can be mailed or dropped off at Ronald McDonald House of San Diego at 2929 Children's Way, San Diego, CA 92123. Entrants may also fax ticket forms to 619-916-3888. Ticket purchasers must be 18 years or older, have US residency and meet other requirements in the rules and regulations as specified on

About Ronald McDonald House Of San Diego:

Over the past 30 years, San Diego's Ronald McDonald House has provided more than 140,000 nights of lodging for more than 14,000 families whose children faced life-threatening illnesses and were being treated at area hospitals. In 2009, a new Ronald McDonald House was built atop a six-story parking garage across from Rady Children's Hospital. The new 47-bedroom House quadrupled the size of the old 12-bedroom House and features lodging and a Family Care Center that is open daily to anyone with a child in the hospital. Today, the Center offers dining services, a school, computer lab, children's play room, teen center, play yard, faith room, outdoor play areas, laundry, day resting rooms, exercise and shower facilities. Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego serves the needs of 20,000 people annually.

Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego is a 501(c)(3) California not-for-profit corporation that receives approximately 10 percent of its funding from local McDonald's restaurant owner/operators. The remaining 90 percent needed to operate the House and serve families must be raised through private philanthropy. Ronald McDonald House of San Diego serves families with children being treated at all local hospitals including Rady Children's Hospital, Sharp, Scripps and Kaiser.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KFMB-TV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.