San Ysidro house fire displaces two people from home - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

San Ysidro house fire displaces two people from home

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - An electrical fire that erupted in the garage of a San Ysidro home early Tuesday displaced two residents and caused an estimated $350,000 worth of damage.

The blaze in the 3500 block of Vista Lane was reported shortly before 2:30 a.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

The two occupants of the house, a husband and wife, escaped unharmed, SDFRD spokesman Maurice Luque said. It took crews about 10 minutes to extinguish the flames, he said.

Investigators determined that an electrical malfunction sparked the fire, which resulted in roughly $200,000 worth of structural damage - mostly to the garage - and destroyed about $150,000 worth of contents, including two vehicles.

The American Red Cross was called in to help the retirement-age residents arrange for interim shelter pending repairs to their home, Luque said.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.