Family escapes Santee home during early morning house fire - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Family escapes Santee home during early morning house fire

Posted: Updated:

SANTEE (CNS / CBS 8) - A Santee family awoke Friday morning to smoke and flames after a malfunctioning ceiling fan apparently started a fire in their duplex, authorities said.

The noninjury fire at 9465 Pryor Drive was reported at 2:13 a.m., a Heartland fire dispatcher reported. The fire started in a bathroom and quickly spread to the attic of the duplex. The flames were knocked down within about 15 minutes.

Preliminary evidence suggested that the fire was started by a malfunctioning ceiling fan in a bathroom, according to authorities. A damage estimate was pending.

 

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.