Fire at College Area home caused by electrical shortage - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Fire at College Area home caused by electrical shortage

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A man was displaced Sunday after his College Area home caught fire just before midnight, causing an estimated $500,000 damage.

The fire was caused by an electrical shortage in the two-story home about 11:53 p.m. on Mohawk Street near 72nd Street, a San Diego Fire Rescue Department dispatcher said.

The accidental blaze caused an estimated $400,000 of property damage and $100,000 of damage to items inside, and was extinguished by 12:35 a.m., the dispatcher said. No one was hurt.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.