Three transported to hospital after Lakeside RV fire - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Three transported to hospital after Lakeside RV fire

Posted: Updated:

LAKESIDE (CNS) - A recreational vehicle caught fire in Lakeside Friday, sending three people to the hospital with smoke inhalation, authorities said.

The blaze was reported at the Rancho Los Coches RV Park near East Main Street at 4:36 a.m., a Heartland Fire & Rescue dispatcher said.

The victims called 911 and told dispatchers they could not exit the trailer. When fire crews arrived, San Diego police officers had moved them away from the RV for fear that stored oxygen cylinders could explode, the dispatcher said.

Crews extinguished the fire about 5:15 a.m.

The victims were transported to UCSD Medical Center, where two of them were treated for severe smoke inhalation and one of them for a mild case, she said.

According to Lakeside Fire Protection District, the fire was cause by a candle that the victims lit during a power outage in Lakeside.

More than 1,200 customers were without power for about four-and-a-half-hours after a pickup truck knocked over a power line on Lakeview Road near Lakeview Elementary School about 12:50 a.m.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.