Candle starts fire that caused $1.5m damage to Old Town church - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Candle starts fire that caused $1.5m damage to Old Town church

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A fire that caused about $1.5 million damage to an Old Town church was started by a candle that was left burning inside, but no one was injured, a San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokesman said Wednesday.

The blaze at the Old Town Community Church at Conde and Congress streets was reported about 8:25 a.m. Monday and burned about 20 minutes before firefighters put it out, a dispatcher said.

No one was injured in the fire, the dispatcher said.

The fire caused about $1 million damage to the structure and damaged or destroyed about $500,000 worth of contents, fire department spokesman Lee Swanson said.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.