Prelim. hearing for men accused in robbery spree - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Prelim. hearing for men accused in robbery spree

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - Two men accused in a spree of robberies, including one in La Mesa in which a 16-year-old Arizona boy was shot in the head, are scheduled to appear in court Tuesday for a preliminary hearing that will determine if enough evidence exists for them to stand trial.

Alvaro Regalado and Juan Arriero, both 20, face life in prison if convicted of robbery, attempted murder and other charges.

Deputy District Attorney Christine Israel told a judge last year that the defendants went on a robbery spree with a shotgun and a handgun, holding up seven people in five separate robberies, including the robbery and shooting of the teen in La Mesa last June 27.

The prosecutor said Regalado is accused in a separate carjacking last June 7, and Arriero is accused of trying to hide the shotgun.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.