Man who stabbed accused child molester to death sentenced to 2 y - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Man who stabbed accused child molester to death sentenced to 2 years in prison

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A two-year prison term was handed down Wednesday for one of three men who pleaded guilty to assault in connection with the stabbing death of an accused child molester.

Edgar Rodriguez, 20, was sentenced in the June 10 death of 57-year-old Pedro Pablo Suarez in City Heights.

Two co-defendants, 27-year-old Kenneth Ray Morris, and 22-year-old Johan Joseph Cardenas, also pleaded guilty to assault with force likely to produce great bodily injury in connection with the victim's death.

Cardenas was sentenced last month to a two-year prison term. Morris -- who has been to prison before -- faces five years behind bars when he is sentenced Thursday.

According to preliminary hearing testimony, all three defendants and the victim were at a home near 39th Street and University Avenue when a 6-year-old girl alleged that Suarez had molested her.

A witness told police that Morris commented that Suarez deserved an "ass-whooping."

After Suarez was ordered out of the residence, the defendants beat him in a nearby parking lot, Deputy District Attorney Kristian Trocha said.

Morris and Cardenas told authorities that Rodriguez was the last person "to do something" to the victim.

Morris and another person at the home said they heard Rodriguez say he stabbed Suarez in the neck, according to Trocha.

A passing motorist found the victim's body shortly after 3:30 a.m. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.