Lohan sued by pedestrian allegedly struck by star - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Lohan sued by pedestrian allegedly struck by star

Posted: Updated:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lindsay Lohan's bad luck with cars continues after a woman who claims she was struck by the actress' sports car sued over her injuries Wednesday. Nubia Del Carmen Preza claims she was struck by Lohan's Maserati while walking through a West Hollywood intersection in September 2010.

Preza's lawsuit states she has suffered "disabling and serious personal injuries, pain, suffering and anguish" and that she is seeking damages for all her medical expenses and lost time at work. A call to her attorney, Gregory Picco, seeking additional details was not immediately returned.

It is the second lawsuit filed against Lohan this month involving an automobile mishap. A paparazzo sued Lohan Jan. 10, claiming that he was struck in January 2010 by a vehicle in which Lohan was riding. Grigor Balyan claims he was trying to shoot pictures of the actress in Hollywowhen he was hit.

Preza's lawsuit states Lohan was driving when she was hit on the afternoon of Sept. 1, 2010, at an intersection just south of the Sunset Strip. At the time, Lohan lived near the intersection.

Lohan's spokesman Steve Honig said neither Lohan nor her attorneys had been served with the lawsuit and could not comment on it.

The model and actress remains on probation for a 2007 drunken driving case filed after she was arrested twice that year on suspicion of driving while impaired.

One of the incidents sparked two civil lawsuits after Lohan chased a vehicle she thought was carrying her former assistant on Pacific Coast Highway. One of the cases has settled. The other, filed by three men who were in the SUV Lohan was driving, may go to trial in March.

Lohan's attorney in that case, Ed McPherson, has said the men had plenty of chances to get out of the vehicle and called the case "absurd."

The "Mean Girls" star has received two positive probation reports since a judge ordered her to perform weekly morgue cleanup duties in November. the actress may be off supervised probation by the end of March.

 

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

  • Entertainment NewsEntertainment NewsMore>>

  • MTS gets in the San Diego Comic-Con spirit, encourages use of public transportation

    MTS gets in the San Diego Comic-Con spirit, encourages use of public transportation

    Wednesday, July 18 2018 10:13 PM EDT2018-07-19 02:13:23 GMT

    Major traffic is expected to start Wednesday evening as Comic-Con kicks off with preview night in Downtown San Diego. MTS officials are encouraging attendees to use public transportation and got into the SDCC spirit with an homage to the "Stranger Things."

     

    Major traffic is expected to start Wednesday evening as Comic-Con kicks off with preview night in Downtown San Diego. MTS officials are encouraging attendees to use public transportation and got into the SDCC spirit with an homage to the "Stranger Things."

     
  • Bruce Springsteen's Broadway show to be seen on Netflix

    Bruce Springsteen's Broadway show to be seen on Netflix

    Wednesday, July 18 2018 1:19 PM EDT2018-07-18 17:19:39 GMT
    Wednesday, July 18 2018 9:11 PM EDT2018-07-19 01:11:07 GMT
    (Photo by Greg Allen/Invision/AP, File). FILE - In this Nov. 10, 2015 file photo, Bruce Springsteen performs at the 9th Annual Stand Up For Heroes event in New York. Netflix announced Wednesday, July 18, 2018, that it will broadcast “Springsteen on Bro...(Photo by Greg Allen/Invision/AP, File). FILE - In this Nov. 10, 2015 file photo, Bruce Springsteen performs at the 9th Annual Stand Up For Heroes event in New York. Netflix announced Wednesday, July 18, 2018, that it will broadcast “Springsteen on Bro...
    Bruce Springsteen announced Wednesday that Netflix will broadcast his one-man show's final performance on Dec. 15. 
    Bruce Springsteen announced Wednesday that Netflix will broadcast his one-man show's final performance on Dec. 15. 
  • Jay-Z unhappy 'Made in America' leaving Philadelphia parkway

    Jay-Z unhappy 'Made in America' leaving Philadelphia parkway

    Wednesday, July 18 2018 2:20 PM EDT2018-07-18 18:20:47 GMT
    Wednesday, July 18 2018 9:11 PM EDT2018-07-19 01:11:01 GMT
    Jay-Z says he's disappointed his Philadelphia "Made in America" festival will not be held in "the heart of the city" after this year. 
    Jay-Z says he's disappointed his Philadelphia "Made in America" festival will not be held in "the heart of the city" after this year. 
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.