2 plead not guilty to murder of man during Otay Mesa robbery - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

2 plead not guilty to murder of man during Otay Mesa robbery

Posted: Updated:

CHULA VISTA (CNS) - Two people -- including a teenager -- pleaded not guilty Tuesday to murder and other charges stemming from the shooting death of a man who was gunned down during a robbery near the site of a child's birthday party in Otay Mesa last month.

Deon Bryant, 17, and Tyrone Cannady, 20, were charged in the May 19 slaying of 28-year-old Reynaldo Bonoan.

Bryant -- charged directly in adult court and held without bail -- faces 35 years to life in prison if convicted, said prosecutor Allen Brown.

Cannady -- held on $1 million bail -- faces 51 years to life behind bars if convicted, according to the prosecutor.

A third defendant, 22-year-old Andrew James Oliver, was arrested within hours of the killing, which occurred about 4:20 p.m. in the 3400 block of Alonquin Way. Oliver, who was previously arraigned, faces 26 years to life in prison if convicted.

Police said that shortly before being shot, Bonoan left a child's birthday party to run an errand and was walking back to the celebration when he was robbed and shot in the street. He died at the scene.

Later the same night, Oliver was arrested in the 1100 block of Camino Regalado, about a block away from where a getaway vehicle was located, police said.

All three defendants will be back in court June 20.

 

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.