1¾ cup gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
¾ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons 100% pure cocoa
1½ cup sugar
6 tablespoons Earth Balance
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 cup Lactaid milk (soy milk also works)
3 cups confectioner's sugar
8 ounces Tofutti cream cheese
2 tablespoons soy creamer
1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
2. Mix together gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, cocoa and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, smash up the bananas and mix with the Earth Balance. Add the vanilla extract, white vinegar and milk.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
5. Spoon into muffin holders and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Add half of the confectioner's sugar to the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of soy creamer and whip.
7. Add the second half of the confectioner's sugar and 1 tablespoon of soy creamer and finish whipping.
8. Drizzle on muffins after cooling.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled Tuesday for a former San Diego police officer accused of groping four women during pat-down searches last year.
Chula Vista police will be looking for drivers talking or texting on cell phones Tuesday and through the end of the month as part of "Distracting Driving Awareness Month."
Police were on the lookout Tuesday for the man who fired a shot while robbing a Rolando-area smoke shop and his accomplice who emptied its cash register.