1¾ cup gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
¾ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons 100% pure cocoa
1½ cup sugar
6 tablespoons Earth Balance
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 cup Lactaid milk (soy milk also works)
3 cups confectioner's sugar
8 ounces Tofutti cream cheese
2 tablespoons soy creamer
1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
2. Mix together gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, cocoa and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, smash up the bananas and mix with the Earth Balance. Add the vanilla extract, white vinegar and milk.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
5. Spoon into muffin holders and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Add half of the confectioner's sugar to the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of soy creamer and whip.
7. Add the second half of the confectioner's sugar and 1 tablespoon of soy creamer and finish whipping.
8. Drizzle on muffins after cooling.
The U.S. Navy commissioned its newest combat ship on Saturday, the USS Tulsa, which eventually will be docked in San Diego.
More than 150 current and former service members and their families gathered on the USS Midway on Saturday morning.
Dozens of people on Saturday fell victim to a brunch scam that was supposed to take place at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
One person was shot and seriously injured outside a Kearny Mesa restaurant Friday night - sending diners running for cover.
A man who might have died trying to surf in a rain- swollen Escondido runoff channel on Valentine's Day has been identified.
A small private jet inbound to San Diego International Airport suffered primary brake failure but was still able to land safely on Saturday, officials said.
Weekend conditions are looking cool and wet. Stronger, colder system on Sunday will bring a chance of snow to San Diego mountains.
Six hundred active duty military and veterans will get a unique and intimate concert at the Belly Up on Monday February 18th.
On February 14, 2018, Aalayah Eastmond was in class at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida when a gunman opened fire.
A San Diego family received a sweet surprise on Valentine’s Day after a fellow diner unexpectedly paid their $52.75 Red Lobster tab and left a sweet note for the mother.