1¾ cup gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
¾ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons 100% pure cocoa
1½ cup sugar
6 tablespoons Earth Balance
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 cup Lactaid milk (soy milk also works)
3 cups confectioner's sugar
8 ounces Tofutti cream cheese
2 tablespoons soy creamer
1. Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
2. Mix together gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, cocoa and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, smash up the bananas and mix with the Earth Balance. Add the vanilla extract, white vinegar and milk.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
5. Spoon into muffin holders and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Add half of the confectioner's sugar to the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of soy creamer and whip.
7. Add the second half of the confectioner's sugar and 1 tablespoon of soy creamer and finish whipping.
8. Drizzle on muffins after cooling.
The San Diego City Council Monday rejected a proposal to boost the salaries of the mayor and council members.
Residents in Pacific Beach are taking crime fighting into their own hands after cell phone video captured two suspected thieves accused of making off with goods just stolen from a car.
A woman is being criticized after posting a video on social media of her petting a sea lion in La Jolla.
Adam Shacknai was on the stand Monday, as testimony continued in the wrongful death lawsuit of Rebecca Zahau.
A popular Point Loma Heights bike track, known as a “pump track,” has been damaged and parents are fighting to save it.
Actress Chase Masterson is recognizable from hit shows like "Star Trek: Deep Space 9" and CW's "The Flash."
A San Diego hiker who was rescued last Thursday after being stranded in Joshua Tree for five days shared his incredible story of survival.
Monday was a special day for some local students. They were sporting new school shirts which they got to design themselves, all thanks to the Larry Himmel Neighborhood Foundation.
A motorist lost control of her car on a South Bay street Monday, sending it crashing into four other vehicles before overturning and coming to rest upside down in the roadway.