6 tablespoons Earth Balance
1 cup gluten-free, vegan bittersweet chocolate
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 banana, mashed
1 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
½ cup gluten-free cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup gluten-free, vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine the Earth Balance and 1 cup of bittersweet chocolate in a saucepan and melt.
3. Combine sugar, mashed banana, applesauce, vanilla extract and Earth Balance-chocolate mixture.
4. Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, xanthan gum and mix.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Grease an 8x8 pan and pour in mixture.
7. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.