- Compost leaves and organics from the kitchen. The compost helps as a soil conditioner, a fertilizer, and works as a natural pesticide for the soil.
- Landscape with plants that are natural to our region or do well in a semi-arid climate.
- Utilize natural predators in your garden to control invasive insects. This will allow you to remove pesticide from your gardening routine.
- Select annuals the will provide volunteers for next year.
- Amend your soil using natural fertilizers.
- Provide a food and water source for birds, they will help control invasive insects.
- Landscape with plants that will attract nectar eaters as well as food for their larva.