School mourns 3 students among 5 dead in garage - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

School mourns 3 students among 5 dead in garage

Posted: Updated:
© Authorities respond to a report of carbon monoxide poisoning on Harvest Lane in Toledo, Ohio, on Monday, Nov. 12, 2012. © Authorities respond to a report of carbon monoxide poisoning on Harvest Lane in Toledo, Ohio, on Monday, Nov. 12, 2012.

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — A northwest Ohio school is offering counseling for children and staff after three students were found dead at home, along with their uncle and grandmother, in a possible murder-suicide amid a custody dispute.

Toledo police say the five bodies were found Monday in a car in the family's garage. A truck was running with hoses leading from the exhaust into the car, and investigators say the relatives may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Sylvania schools superintendent tells The Blade newspaper the three children — ages 5, 6 and 10 — attended Whiteford Elementary School, which offered the family condolences.

Police say the children's grandmother had primarily cared for them for several years and she was upset that the youngsters' parents were trying to regain full custody.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • College area house fire prompts evacuations

    College area house fire prompts evacuations

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 4:10 PM EDT2014-04-16 20:10:58 GMT
    A dozen people were displaced when discarded smoking material sparked a fire at a former fraternity house near San Diego State University early Wednesday, causing $250,000 in damage, authorities said. 
    A dozen people were displaced when discarded smoking material sparked a fire at a former fraternity house near San Diego State University early Wednesday, causing $250,000 in damage, authorities said. 
  • Fire damages Mission Beach apartment building

    Fire damages Mission Beach apartment building

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 4:01 PM EDT2014-04-16 20:01:57 GMT
    An electrical problem in a ground-floor kitchen wall sparked a fire Wednesday that caused an estimated $250,000 worth of damage to a Mission Beach apartment building. 
    An electrical problem in a ground-floor kitchen wall sparked a fire Wednesday that caused an estimated $250,000 worth of damage to a Mission Beach apartment building. 
  • Killer sponges discovered off our coast

    Killer sponges discovered off our coast

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 2:02 PM EDT2014-04-16 18:02:16 GMT
    There is a new kind of predator that has been spotted off the San Diego coast. A species of sponge is living in the deep waters near La Jolla. 
    There is a new kind of predator that has been spotted off the San Diego coast. A species of sponge is living in the deep waters near La Jolla. 
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.