Carjacker lunges through open window, stabs driver in the face - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

Carjacker lunges through open window, stabs driver in the face

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A carjacker lunged through the open window of a pickup truck and stabbed a 32-year-old motorist in the face in the Stockton area, before making off with the vehicle, police said Saturday.

The victim was driving his Chevrolet pickup, with the windows rolled down, around 8:45 p.m. Friday in the 3300 block of Imperial Ave. when a man in his 20s dove into the vehicle and stabbed him in the face and an arm, San Diego police Officer Frank Cali said.

Another suspect, also in his 20s, opened the driver's door, the driver got out and the first suspect slid over into the driver's seat and started to drive away, Cali said.

The second suspect caught up to the truck, got in and both fled, he said.

The victim suffered non-life-threatening wounds, Cali said.

Robbery detectives were investigating, he said.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Police update neighbors about North Park attacks

    Police update neighbors about North Park attacks

    Thursday, July 24 2014 9:03 AM EDT2014-07-24 13:03:34 GMT
    San Diego police assure North Park residents their community is a safe place to live and they are doing everything they can to catch the predators attacking women 
    San Diego police assure North Park residents their community is a safe place to live and they are doing everything they can to catch the predators attacking women 
  • City wasting water while telling us to conserve?

    City wasting water while telling us to conserve?

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:07 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:07:29 GMT
    While the San Diego City Council may be preaching water conservation, some city work crews may not be heeding the word. 
    While the San Diego City Council may be preaching water conservation, some city work crews may not be heeding the word. 
  • Freed sex offender accused of attacking 70-year-old woman

    Freed sex offender accused of attacking 70-year-old woman

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:06 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:06:59 GMT
    A previously paroled sex offender accused of sexually assaulting a 70-year-old Jacumba resident in her home pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of assault with intent to commit a sex offense and hot prowl residential burglary. 
    A previously paroled sex offender accused of sexually assaulting a 70-year-old Jacumba resident in her home pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of assault with intent to commit a sex offense and hot prowl residential burglary. 
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.