Pregnant Kate discharged from London hospital - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Pregnant Kate discharged from London hospital

Posted: Updated:
Britain's Prince William stands next to his wife Kate, Duchess of Cambridge as she leaves the King Edward VII hospital in central London, Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012. (AP Photo/Andrew Matthews, PA) Britain's Prince William stands next to his wife Kate, Duchess of Cambridge as she leaves the King Edward VII hospital in central London, Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012. (AP Photo/Andrew Matthews, PA)

LONDON (AP) — The Duchess of Cambridge left a London hospital Thursday after being treated for acute morning sickness related to her pregnancy.

Clutching a small bouquet of yellow roses, the former Kate Middleton smiled and posed briefly for a photograph alongside her husband, Prince William, before leaving King Edward VII Hospital. She stepped delicately into a waiting car.

The couple's office said she would head to Kensington Palace in London for a period of rest. She had been in the hospital since Monday. Officials from St. James's Palace have said the duchess is not yet 12 weeks pregnant with the couple's first child.

William visited his wife at the hospital every day, while media from around the world camped outside, seeking any news on the royal pregnancy.

Royal officials announced Monday that the Duchess was pregnant, their hand forced by her admission into the hospital.

But the stay of one of the world's most recognized women was complicated by a breach of her privacy.

Two Australian radio disc jockeys impersonating Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles placed a prank call to the hospital early Tuesday, and persuaded an unwitting nurse to tell them all about the Duchess' condition.

The duchess is married to the queen's grandson, Prince William.

Australian radio personalities Mel Greig and Michael Christian later apologized for the hoax — sheepishly noting that they were surprised that the call was put through and that their Australian accents were not detected.

The royals have been the target of hoax callers before. Canadian disc jockey Pierre Brassard telephoned the queen in 1995, pretending to be Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien.

In a conversation that lasted 15 minutes, Brassard managed to elicit a promise from the monarch that that she would try to influence Quebec's referendum on proposals to break away from Canada.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

  • Entertainment NewsEntertainment NewsMore>>

  • 'Hotel Transylvania 3' tops charts, 'Skyscraper' stumbles

    'Hotel Transylvania 3' tops charts, 'Skyscraper' stumbles

    Sunday, July 15 2018 11:47 AM EDT2018-07-15 15:47:58 GMT
    Sunday, July 15 2018 8:10 PM EDT2018-07-16 00:10:43 GMT
    (Sony Pictures Animation via AP). This image released by Sony Pictures Animation shows a scene from "Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation."(Sony Pictures Animation via AP). This image released by Sony Pictures Animation shows a scene from "Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation."
    "Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation" has checked into the No. 1 spot at the box office in its opening weekend and left the Dwayne Johnson action thriller, "Skyscraper," in the dust. 
    "Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation" has checked into the No. 1 spot at the box office in its opening weekend and left the Dwayne Johnson action thriller, "Skyscraper," in the dust. 
  • Summer 2018 beach reads: 11 great books on investing, work and technology

    Summer 2018 beach reads: 11 great books on investing, work and technology

    Sunday, July 15 2018 1:19 AM EDT2018-07-15 05:19:05 GMT
    Jul 14, 2018 10:46 PM2018-07-15 02:46:00 GMT

    Is your family's dream vacation dragging on? Summer reading can pass the time and empower you. And wherever you are, Amazon delivers lickety-split.

     

    Is your family's dream vacation dragging on? Summer reading can pass the time and empower you. And wherever you are, Amazon delivers lickety-split.

     
  • Baron Cohen pranks 2 more celebrity politicians for show

    Baron Cohen pranks 2 more celebrity politicians for show

    Friday, July 13 2018 10:18 AM EDT2018-07-13 14:18:47 GMT
    Sunday, July 15 2018 4:41 PM EDT2018-07-15 20:41:00 GMT
    Defeated U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore says he's among a group of conservative political figures who were duped into appearing in actor Sacha Baron Cohen's upcoming television series. 
    Defeated U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore says he's among a group of conservative political figures who were duped into appearing in actor Sacha Baron Cohen's upcoming television series. 
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.