(CBS 8) - With the New Year comes hundreds of new laws in California.
Some of them include:
- A ban on picketing at funerals.
- Increased birth control access allowing registered nurses to dispense drugs and other devices.
- A law allowing an estimated 400,000 undocumented immigrants to obtain driver's licenses as part of the federal deferred action program.
- Social media privacy laws that ban universities & employers from requiring people to disclose their user name and password.
- Laws making some forms of internet bullying illegal, including making fake profiles and burning pages to attack someone.
- A Good Samaritan law preventing a person from being arrested for drug use or possession if they call for help in the instance of an overdose.