Gregerson and Padres agree to $3.2 million deal - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Gregerson and Padres agree to $3.2 million deal

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Luke Gregerson's agent says the pitcher has agreed to a $3.2 million, one-year contract with the San Diego Padres.

Tom O'Connell announced the deal Monday on his Twitter account.

Gregerson was 2-0 with a 2.39 ERA in 77 relief appearances last season, striking out 72 in 71 1-3 innings. He made $1.55 million.

The 28-year-old right-hander had asked for $3.75 million in arbitration and had been offered $2,875,000.

Two Padres remain in arbitration: third baseman Chase Headley and left-hander Clayton Richard. Hearings before three-person panels are scheduled for next month in Phoenix.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

  • SportsMore>>

  • Ultimate Pigskin Picks

    Ultimate Pigskin Picks

    CBS 8 invite you to play along with other San Diego football fans each week and pick the winners!  See how you do against News 8's Sports Director, Kyle Kraska and win weekly prizes!

     

    CBS 8 invite you to play along with other San Diego football fans each week and pick the winners!  See how you do against News 8's Sports Director, Kyle Kraska and win weekly prizes!

     
  • Tiger Woods wins Tour Championship in Atlanta, ends 5-year drought in victory circle

    Tiger Woods wins Tour Championship in Atlanta, ends 5-year drought in victory circle

    Sunday, September 23 2018 7:14 PM EDT2018-09-23 23:14:25 GMT

    Remember the old Nike ad from Tiger Woods' uber-dominant days, when he famously told the golfing world it was all about the majors? Well, the older and wiser Woods might disagree with his younger, brasher self, now that Woods has ended the longest victory drought of his professional career.

     

    Remember the old Nike ad from Tiger Woods' uber-dominant days, when he famously told the golfing world it was all about the majors? Well, the older and wiser Woods might disagree with his younger, brasher self, now that Woods has ended the longest victory drought of his professional career.

     
  • Investigation finds Maryland culpable in death of player

    Investigation finds Maryland culpable in death of player

    Saturday, September 22 2018 2:13 PM EDT2018-09-22 18:13:11 GMT

    An independent investigation into the death of University of Maryland football player Jordan McNair has determined that trainers on the scene did not follow proper procedures after he collapsed on the field.

     

    An independent investigation into the death of University of Maryland football player Jordan McNair has determined that trainers on the scene did not follow proper procedures after he collapsed on the field.

     
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KFMB-TV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.