Woman hospitalized after Santee house fire - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Woman hospitalized after Santee house fire

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - An early morning house fire sent one woman to the hospital.

Around 1:00 a.m. at a home in the 9700 block of Bilteer Drive, a woman reportedly had to be dragged to safety, after falling asleep with a candle burning in her bedroom.

A smoke alarm alerted relatives in the home, after the candle caught a stack of magazines on fire. One person entered the smoke-filled room and pulled the woman outdoors.

An ambulance rushed the woman to the UCSD Medical Center with severe smoke inhalation.

The woman's identity has not been released.

No other injuries were reported.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.