4 defendants plead not guilty to charges in armed robbery spree - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

4 defendants plead not guilty to charges in armed robbery spree

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - Four men accused in a series of armed robberies in which some of the 11 pedestrian-victims were pistol-whipped and thrown to the ground pleaded not guilty Tuesday to charges of robbery and receiving stolen property.

Jamarius Porche, 23, Askia Toure, 20, Joseph Ragland, 25, and Michael McGinnis, 18, were each ordered held on $500,000 bail. They were arrested Friday after a search warrant was served at a home on 47th Street in Lincoln Park.

Deputy District Attorney Jim Koerber said the "Pistol Whip" robbery series began March 30 and ended last week.

The defendants are charged with two completed robberies and six counts of receiving stolen property, the prosecutor said, noting that more charges are possible.

The victims were robbed at gunpoint of their wallets, iPhones and other personal property. In some instances, they were asked for the time, then hit in the head with a gun and thrown to the ground and robbed, Koerber said.

A status conference was scheduled for April 23 and a preliminary hearing for April 29.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.