DEL CERRO (CBS 8) - It was a close call for a homeowner in Del Cerro after downed power lines landed on his house.
It happened Sunday night on Lancaster Drive.
The homeowner tells News 8 that his daughter noticed sparks on top of the house caused by the downed power lines.
When firefighters arrived, they realized the live wires energized parts of the house.
"It's actually smoking. There's not a fire, but it's actually smoking. And they're trying to figure out... It was coming out of the outlets. The outlets were smoking," said Marty Kleine.
Once power to the house was shut off, firefighters cut open some of the interior walls to put out spots that were smoldering.
No one was hurt.
What caused the downed power lines is under investigation.