Mobile home destroyed in massive fire sparked by bug bomb - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Mobile home destroyed in massive fire sparked by bug bomb

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - A San Ysidro couple is forced from their home, after fumes from a bug bomb cause a fire.

According to fire crews on the scene, the couple who lived in the mobile home was assembling bug bombs when they forgot to turn off the pilot light. Consequently, the mixture got too rich, starting the fire.

Firefighters say tight quarters made it difficult to contain the blaze and the house is destroyed. However, flames didn't damage a storage unit next to the couple's home.

Crews also reported that extinguishing this fire was not an easy task, because a water source wasn't readily available.

The displaced couple is now staying with family.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.