EB I-8 in Mission Valley reopens after shooting - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

EB I-8 in Mission Valley reopens after shooting

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A Mission Valley freeway was shut down Monday morning after a man reported being shot in the arm while in a car on the freeway, authorities said.

The man said he was shot around 2 a.m. on eastbound Interstate 8 near state Route 163, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The agency closed eastbound I-8 from state Route 163 to Texas Street as officers combed the freeway for evidence. Also closed were the Mission Center Road onramp to east I-8 and the north and south 163 ramps to east I-8. The closures were lifted around 6:30 a.m.

 

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Police update neighbors about North Park attacks

    Police update neighbors about North Park attacks

    Thursday, July 24 2014 2:47 AM EDT2014-07-24 06:47:06 GMT
    San Diego police assure North Park residents their community is a safe place to live and they are doing everything they can to catch the predators attacking women 
    San Diego police assure North Park residents their community is a safe place to live and they are doing everything they can to catch the predators attacking women 
  • City wasting water while telling us to conserve?

    City wasting water while telling us to conserve?

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:07 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:07:29 GMT
    While the San Diego City Council may be preaching water conservation, some city work crews may not be heeding the word. 
    While the San Diego City Council may be preaching water conservation, some city work crews may not be heeding the word. 
  • Freed sex offender accused of attacking 70-year-old woman

    Freed sex offender accused of attacking 70-year-old woman

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:06 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:06:59 GMT
    A previously paroled sex offender accused of sexually assaulting a 70-year-old Jacumba resident in her home pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of assault with intent to commit a sex offense and hot prowl residential burglary. 
    A previously paroled sex offender accused of sexually assaulting a 70-year-old Jacumba resident in her home pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of assault with intent to commit a sex offense and hot prowl residential burglary. 
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.