SAN DIEGO (AP) - A judge in San Diego has lifted a protective order keeping confidential the names of 12 federal agents involved in an incident where a Mexican man died after being shocked with a stun gun.
U.S. Magistrate Judge David Batrick said the names could be released late Monday except for one undercover Border Patrol agent. The names had been kept secret as part of a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the family of 42-year-old Anastasio Hernandez.
Hernandez died in May 2010 of a heart attack after federal agents tried to deport him through the San Ysidro border crossing. A medical examiner's report said Hernandez became unresponsive shortly after he was shot by a Taser, apparently three or four times.
Hernandez had methamphetamine in his system at the time of his death.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.