Plumber's torch sparks fire in condo garage - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Plumber's torch sparks fire in condo garage

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - Four people, including a police officer, suffered smoke inhalation from a garage fire in Rancho Bernardo Wednesday.

It broke out at about 3:30 p.m. at a condo on Matinal Circle.

Firefighters say a homeowner was using a plumber's torch in the garage when something caught fire and quickly spread. They say he did a good job fighting the flames until they arrived.

"He used a couple (dry chemical) extinguishers to suppress, and it really helped save his neighbors' homes," San Diego Fire-Rescue Capt. Chris Babler said.

It took firefighters about 10 minutes to knock the fire down.

The four smoke inhalation victims were treated at the scene.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.