2 children taken from Nevada found in Sacramento - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

2 children taken from Nevada found in Sacramento

Posted: Updated:
Lillianna Ramirez Lillianna Ramirez
Martin Angel Rosales II Martin Angel Rosales II

ELKO, Nev. (AP) — Two Nevada children were found unharmed in Sacramento, Calif., after an Amber Alert was issued seeking their whereabouts.

Elko police Capt. Will Lehmann said the mother, Amber Schenck, voluntarily surrendered the children after relatives told her that an Amber Alert had been issued for their return.

The Amber Alert for 9-year-old Lillyanna Ramires and her 3-year-old brother, Martin Angel Rosales, was canceled Saturday.

Lehmann said the boy was already with Schenck on Wednesday when she was allowed visitation with the older girl, who was under the care of Nevada's child and family services.

Lehmann said Schenck was not arrested, but charges are likely.

Lehmann said the children were apparently taken by Schenck and Martin Cisneras Rosales.

Authorities said Rosales has a history of violence, leading to fear that the children were in danger.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

THIS IS A STORY UPDATE. AN EARLIER STORY IS BELOW.

ELKO, Nev. - An Amber Alert is in effect in California by the California Highway Patrol on behalf of the Elko Police Department in Elko County, Nevada.

A parental abduction occurred in Elko, Nevada on 8/14/2013. The children are Lillyanna Ramirez, a 9 year old Hispanic female, and Martin Angel Rosales II, a 3 year old Hispanic male. The suspects are Martin Cisneras Rosales, AKA: Martin Cisneros, a 33 year old Hispanic male, and Amber Schenck, a 29 year old white female, Ht: 59 Wt: 150 Hair: Sandy Eyes: Blue.

They are possibly driving a dark blue Ford Mustang with possible Nebraska plates or a temporary plate. The model year is unknown, but it is believed to be a late 80s to early 90s model.

Martin Rosales is the biological father of Martin Rosales II. Amber Schenck is the mother of both children. The adults took the children from Elko against DCFS orders.

"We would like to find the children and get them back here where we can put them in a stable environment and in a stable home," said Capt. Will Lehmann with the Elko Police Department.

Elko Police Department is in possession of Ex-parte court orders for both Children from the Fourth District Court stating the DCFS now has custody of Lillyanna and that the children are in danger of serious physical harm or death. Martin Rosales has violent tendencies when dealing with police. There is also a restraining order keeping him away from his son issued July 26, 2013.

The children were last believed to be in Sacramento, California and it is believed that the adults are attempting to enter Mexico with the children.

"Have them locate the vehicle, stop it, find out who's the vehicle and if it's our children," said Capt. Lehmann, "then they'll take them custody, notify us and we'll get them back here."

Please call 911 if you have any information regarding this Amber Alert.
ELKO POLICE DEPARTMENT: (775) 770-7310

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Police update neighbors about North Park attacks

    Police update neighbors about North Park attacks

    Thursday, July 24 2014 2:47 AM EDT2014-07-24 06:47:06 GMT
    San Diego police assure North Park residents their community is a safe place to live and they are doing everything they can to catch the predators attacking women 
    San Diego police assure North Park residents their community is a safe place to live and they are doing everything they can to catch the predators attacking women 
  • City wasting water while telling us to conserve?

    City wasting water while telling us to conserve?

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:07 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:07:29 GMT
    While the San Diego City Council may be preaching water conservation, some city work crews may not be heeding the word. 
    While the San Diego City Council may be preaching water conservation, some city work crews may not be heeding the word. 
  • Freed sex offender accused of attacking 70-year-old woman

    Freed sex offender accused of attacking 70-year-old woman

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:06 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:06:59 GMT
    A previously paroled sex offender accused of sexually assaulting a 70-year-old Jacumba resident in her home pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of assault with intent to commit a sex offense and hot prowl residential burglary. 
    A previously paroled sex offender accused of sexually assaulting a 70-year-old Jacumba resident in her home pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of assault with intent to commit a sex offense and hot prowl residential burglary. 
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.