Fire breaks out in kitchen of Mission Valley restaurant - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

Fire breaks out in kitchen of Mission Valley restaurant

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - A Mission Valley restaurant is closed for business after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

It happened just before 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the Gordon Biersch located in the 5000 block of Mission Center Road.

San Diego firefighters say they were responding to a car fire in the parking lot when the restaurant manager approached them about an ice machine that had smoke coming out of it.

When firefighters went inside, they found that ice machine on fire and that's when the entire restaurant was evacuated.

"It was the quick action of the manager and the staff pushing these people out and also firefighters getting in and aggressively putting out the fire that saved the building and also probably saved someone's life today," said Capt. J. Harris, San Diego Fire-Rescue.

No one was hurt.

No word yet on when the restaurant will reopen.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.