Fire destroys home in Clairemont area - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Fire destroys home in Clairemont area

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - An elderly couple was displaced Tuesday after a fire destroyed their home in the Clairemont area, officials said.

Engine crews were called to the 3600 block of Cowley Way. They were able to extinguish the blaze in about 15 minutes.

According to San Diego Fire-Rescue, the fire started when a stove was turned on and somehow exploded.

The occupants of the home, a couple in their 90s, were being assisted by the Red Cross.

SDFD estimated damages at $300,000 to the structure, and $150,000 in damage to property, including a car that was destroyed in the driveway.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.