Space heater to blame for La Mesa fire - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

Space heater to blame for La Mesa fire

Posted: Updated:

LA MESA (CNS) - Firefighters extinguished a fire at a La Mesa residence Saturday that left a person with minor burns, fire officials said.

The fire in the 7600 block of Homewood Place near Parks Avenue was reported shortly before 4:30 p.m., and fire crews reported it as knocked down 17 minutes later, a Heartland Fire & Rescue dispatcher said.

One person sustained minor burns and was taken to a hospital, fire officials said.

Firefighters say a space heater may have sparked a fire.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.