Fire breaks out inside San Marcos home - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Fire breaks out inside San Marcos home

Posted: Updated:

SAN MARCOS (CBS 8) - Fire crews worked through the night to control a fire inside a North County home.

The fire started around 1 a.m. Tuesday in the 3600 block of Decora Circle in San Marcos.

Fire officials said the residents started a fire in the fireplace and left it burning as they went to sleep. The fire then spread from the fireplace into the living room.

One person was injured when they burned their hand, and a neighbor was transported to the hospital after complaining of chest pains.

The fire was contained to just one room but the home now has, heat, smoke, and water damage.


Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KFMB-TV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.