Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW YORK, Feb. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Male Toiletries Sector in India
This report provides a concise overview of the Male Toiletries market in India. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Indian Male Toiletries sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Despite fluctuating exchange rates, the Male Toiletries market in India is growing steadily in both value and volume terms .
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Changing Lifestages is the most important motivator for consumers to buy Men's Disposable Razors andBlades. A product's success in India's Male Toiletries market will largely be determined by its ability to fit in with a consumer's way of life.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Indian Male Toiletries sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Male Toiletries categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Male Toiletries sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of major Male Toiletries categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Male Toiletries categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the Male Toiletries sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
With rising disposable income and the increasingly complex grooming routines of Indian men, use of Pre-Shave and Post-Shave Cosmetics products will increase and lead to these two categories taking share from the After Shaves and Colognes category.
Indian consumers are seeking products that meet specific requirements caused by their life stage, such as young consumers looking for single pack razors and shaving gels/foams, while older consumers look for traditional pre-shave creams from established brands.
A change in gender behaviors has led Indian men to seek greater grooming comfort while shaving at a low price. Meanwhile, marketers are targeting value for money conscious consumers with cheaper variants of their products.
A large young population with increasing spending power is driving the sales of Pre-Shave and Post-Shave Cosmetics in India. Although these categories are growing rapidly in local currency terms, exchange rate fluctuations have led to a more variable growth in US dollar terms.
The Disposable Razors and Blades category accounted for over 98.5% of the total number of packs used in the Indian Male Toiletries sector in 2012, driving significant demand of Rigid Plastic blister packs, Paper and Board Wrappers, and Flexible Packaging Bags/Sachets.
The increasing use of Pre- and Post-Shave cosmetics will drive demand of Bottle, Aerosol, and Tube pack types; these are forecast to grow at a CAGR of over 4.0% between 2012 and 2017. Moreover, packaging will see increasing use of stylish designs in closures and colors, as these packs seek to stand out in the supermarket aisles.
India has one of the youngest populations globally and a little over half of the population is less than 30 years old. Of this, 19% are teenagers who will reach their 20's in the next five years, which offers an opportunity for marketers to target this group with new and innovative launches.
While positioning their brands in the Indian market, marketers should be careful with pricing and select products taking into account the average disposable income of Indian consumers.
Post-Shave Cosmetics will record the highest CAGR of all male Toiletries categories during 2012-2017, of 16.5% in US dollar terms. Post-Shave Cosmetics are traditionally marketed as a means to avoid irritation, moisturize skin, and help skin elasticity and freshness.
- Growing young population with higher disposable income is driving growth in the consumer market
- Convenience stores account for the majority of Health and Beauty sales
- Convenience Stores are the most preferred destination for buying Male Toiletries products in India
- Usage of Male Toiletries products is high among older young adults who are financially better off
- Opportunities exist to encourage Indian consumers to adopt a daily Shaving routine
- Changing Lifestages is by far the most important motivator for consumers to buy Men's Disposable Razors and Blades
- Male Toiletries demand is driven by the Changing Age Structures and Life Stages of Indian consumers
- Demand of Male Toiletries products is influenced by New Gender Behavior along with a desire for Better Value for Money products
- Fluctuating exchange rates have added complexity to the Indian Male Toiletries market
- Post-Shave and Pre-Shave cosmetics to record the fastest value growth during 2012-2017
- Increasing use of Pre-Shave and Post-Shave products means that Disposable Razors and Blades will account for a lower value share of the Male Toiletries
- Pre-Shave and Post-shave Cosmetics will add facial care benefits to grow category share
- Innovation in providing shaving comfort is driving category growth in Men's Disposable Razors and Blades
Brands and Private Labels
- Gillette is the leading brand among all the categories of Male Toiletries in India
- The high volume share of Disposable Razors and Blades is creating demand for Rigid Plastic and Flexible Packaging Bags/Sachets
- Rigid Plastic will remain the most popular packaging material along with Flexible Packaging while use of Paper and Board will decline
Future Outlook- four key trends in India's Male Toiletries sector
- Social Media like Facebook will play a key role in the future growth of Male Toiletries in India driven by younger consumers
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
The Procter and Gamble Company, Coty, Inc., Unilever Plc., Energizer Holdings, Inc., Malhotra shaving Products (P) Ltd, Supermax, Oriflame Cosmetics S.A. ,Beiersdorf AG, Colgate-Palmolive GmbH.
To order this report: Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Male Toiletries Sector in India
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.