Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
NEW YORK, Feb. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Haircare Sector in Russia
This report provides a concise overview of the Haircare market in Russia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Russian Haircare sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Russia's Haircare market offers moderate growth opportunities; Haircare product sales in Russia are expected to grow at CAGR of 6.2% during 2007-2017. The country's urban and young population are spending more on personal grooming products, including Haircare products, as they desire to look good and remain fashionable.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Older Young Adults with rising incomes will drive the overall market growth. Increasing consumer confidence among the high income category will further drive demand for premium products.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Russian Haircare sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Haircare categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Haircare sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of major Haircare categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Haircare categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the Russian Haircare sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
There will be moderate growth in mature categories such as Shampoo and Conditioner, while Hair Colorants and Styling Agents will be driven by fashion statements.
While growth in local currency terms closely matched volume growth, volatile exchange rates have added complexity to the market for international companies.
Private label penetration in Russia's Haircare market is low. Russia lags behind the majority of European markets in terms of consumer trust and confidence in the quality of private labels.
Demand for Conditioner has increased as consumers replace 2-in-1 Shampoo plus Conditioners with individual products.
Haircare products in Russia are popular with women across all age groups, while across genders, Older Consumers are frequent consumers of Haircare products, specifically those that meet their age specific needs.
Consumers in Russia are looking for Haircare products that can help them reach their personal grooming beauty aims.
Russians are keen to show their individualism through their Haircare choices, preferring products that are differentiated according to their personal needs and desires.
Haircare manufacturers in Russia are turning to innovative packaging solutions that showcase product ingredients and functional characteristics.
- Rising income among a growing middle class is fuelling growth in consumer markets
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets and Health and Beauty Stores dominate retail sales in Russia
- Increasing availability of eRetail and Direct Sales is set to cause increasing competition among channels
- Women and Older Consumers purchase the most Haircare products in Russia
- Early Young Adults are the heaviest consumers of Haircare products in Russia
- Beauty is the most important motivator for consumption of Haircare products
- Products that enhance Beauty at good value drive growth in Russian Haircare
- Consumers' desire for tailored products and improved hair health is driving growth
- Fluctuating exchange rates will create difficulties for multinational corporations in Russia
- While Shampoo has the largest market share in terms of value; Hair Colorants lead the market in terms of growth
- Mature categories will grow at a slower rate while fashion statements will drive growth of Hair Colorants and Styling Agents
- Hair Colorants will witness increased sales and record highest growth during 2012-17
- Conditioner and Styling Agents to witness increased sales and expected to grow steadily over 2012-17
- Perms and Relaxers are less popular in Russia as consumers prefer natural straight hair.
Brands and Private Labels
- Russians prefer branded hair care products over Private Label
- Increasing Private Label sales of Hair Colorants contributed to the highest category value growth during 2009-12
- Avon, L'Oreal and Procter and Gamble are key players in Russian Haircare market
- Head and Shoulders by PandG is the preferred Shampoo brand in Russia
- Rigid Plastics will continue to be the preferred packaging material for Haircare products due to the convenience they offer
- Demand of Flexible Packaging Materials is on the rise due to the increasing popularity of refill packs
- Diverse consumer needs and favorable economic conditions will drive growth in the Haircare Sector
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
X5 Retail Group, Magnit, Auchan Russia, Metro Group Russia, Avon Products, Inc., Unilever PLC, The PandG ,Henkel AG and Co. KGaA ,L'Oreal S.A. ,
To order this report: Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Haircare Sector in Russia
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.