SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - This is far from your ordinary pet adoption event. Yet the end result is the same - to find the perfect match for dogs in need of a home from the Rancho Coastal Humane Society.
The doggie speed dating event, on April 26 at Pooch Hotel, will go a little something like this:
1. Upon entering, potential pet parents check in and fill out a personality questionnaire.
2. The completed questionnaire is then evaluated by the adoption partner, Big Fluffy Dog Rescue, who suggests three "bachelors" or "bachelorettes" that would be appropriate matches for the potential pet parent.
3. Rancho Coastal Humane Society or Pooch Hotel staff will introduce the guest to each bachelor(ette) using the profile.
4. The potential pet parent will then have five minutes to play and bond with the dog.
5. At the end of the three dates, the staff will ask if the pet parent would like to spend more time with any of their matches or if they would like to meet a potential bachelor(ette) they have not spent time with yet. If not, they will ask if they are interested in adopting any of the pets they met.
6. Those wanting to adopt will fill out the proper paperwork with the Rancho Coastal Humane Society and follow their protocol.
The event runs from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 26