Second brush fire ignites in Santee - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

Second brush fire ignites in Santee

Posted: Updated:
This is a viewer-submitted photo of the smoke produced by a fire in Santee that broke out the morning of Wednesday, April 30. (Courtesy: D. Burns) This is a viewer-submitted photo of the smoke produced by a fire in Santee that broke out the morning of Wednesday, April 30. (Courtesy: D. Burns)

SANTEE (CNS) - Residents from about a dozen homes were evacuated in Santee early Wednesday when flames erupted in the same area as an earlier brush fire near Carlton Oaks Country Club, authorities said.

Deputies were called to assist with the evacuations in the 9000 block of Willowgrove Avenue at 7:42 a.m., according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

The original fire broke out around 3 p.m. Tuesday in the dry bed of the San Diego River off Carlton Oaks Drive near Calle del Verde in Santee, a Heartland fire dispatcher said. The agency reported that about five acres were scorched on Tuesday but no one was injured and no structures lost.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Police update neighbors about North Park attacks

    Police update neighbors about North Park attacks

    Thursday, July 24 2014 2:47 AM EDT2014-07-24 06:47:06 GMT
    San Diego police assure North Park residents their community is a safe place to live and they are doing everything they can to catch the predators attacking women 
    San Diego police assure North Park residents their community is a safe place to live and they are doing everything they can to catch the predators attacking women 
  • City wasting water while telling us to conserve?

    City wasting water while telling us to conserve?

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:07 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:07:29 GMT
    While the San Diego City Council may be preaching water conservation, some city work crews may not be heeding the word. 
    While the San Diego City Council may be preaching water conservation, some city work crews may not be heeding the word. 
  • Freed sex offender accused of attacking 70-year-old woman

    Freed sex offender accused of attacking 70-year-old woman

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:06 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:06:59 GMT
    A previously paroled sex offender accused of sexually assaulting a 70-year-old Jacumba resident in her home pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of assault with intent to commit a sex offense and hot prowl residential burglary. 
    A previously paroled sex offender accused of sexually assaulting a 70-year-old Jacumba resident in her home pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of assault with intent to commit a sex offense and hot prowl residential burglary. 
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.