Fire damages Lakeside condo units - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Fire damages Lakeside condo units

Posted: Updated:

LAKESIDE (CBS 8) - A faulty electric socket is being blamed for a stubborn fire that spread through the walls of three condo units in Lakeside. 

Crews were called to the complex in the 12000 block of Mapleview Street, just east of state Route 67.

Firefighters say when they arrived shortly after 4 p.m. Sunday there was just light smoke showing. But once inside a unit, they found the fire running between the walls.

Crews quickly tore open the sheetrock to get at the flames.

"Oh it's very dangerous because there isn't the sense of urgency, but that's completely untrue. We can have fire that's actually running in the attic space - that was our fear today," Lakeside Fire Protection District Chief Andy Parr said.

The damage was confined to three units. No one was hurt.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KFMB-TV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.