Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Promotur Turismo Islas Canarias (Canary Islands Tourism Board)
LONDON, July 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- A 7 day journey with 7 illustrators from 7 different countries to discover the essence of the 7 beautiful Canary Islands
- The illustrators will share their journey on the onthedraw.travel website and social media as a log book of their experiences
The Canary Islands Tourism Board has enlisted the help of 7 renowned illustrators from 7 different countries, including UK artist Steve Simpson, to capture the Canary Islands archipelago through their own experiences and artistic medium.
The saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" will ring true as the illustrators look to create images based on their travels, resulting in a unique take on life in the Canary Islands.
Called #Onthedraw, each illustrator's original artworks will be disseminated through social media and people can enjoy following the creative development of the artists in a logbook that will be posted in real time on the official website onthedraw.travel.
- Steve Simpson & La Palma - This UK (Irish) artist has over 30 years' experience and several awards to his credit. Known for mixing graphic design and typography, Steve will look to portray sites such as the National Park Caldera.
- Ben Heine & Tenerife - A versatile Belgian artist who mixes traditional illustration with digital photography. Heine will be responsible for portraying Tenerife and its most emblematic settings.
- Jens Magnusson & La Gomera - This Swedish illustrator is known for his mastery of colour. The rugged nature of La Gomera will inspire his illustrations with Garajonay National Park and Nature Reserve Majona as his backdrop.
- Mads Berg & El Hierro - Specialising in posters and advertising, this Danish artist will be portraying the southernmost and smallest of the 7 islands, El Hierro.
- Paula Bonet & Gran Canaria -This highly acclaimed Spanish artist will be portraying Gran Canaria. Paula will be inspired by the great variety of landscapes from golden beaches to spectacular nature reserves like the Dunes of Maspalomas.
- Ekaterina Korolova & Lanzarote - Born in Russia, now a resident in Berlin, this illustrator is well known for her skills with watercolor and will be portraying the famous volcanic island, Lanzarote.
- Malika Favre & Fuerteventura - This French illustrator known for simplicity and will be travelling around the many natural attributes of Fuerteventura including the amazing sand dunes.
This creative journey will take place from today to 21 July, with the final works unveiled on Monday 15 September.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.