Gas leak in Santee causes a scare - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

Gas leak in Santee causes a scare

Posted: Updated:

SANTEE (CNS) - A gas leak caused by a vehicle crashing into a meter in Santee prompted authorities to evacuate some residents over the weekend, sheriff's officials said.

Someone called 911 at about 3:15 p.m. Sunday after a driver struck the gas meter in the 9100 block of Inverness Road near Massot Avenue and severed the line, according to David Hale of the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

Hale said 12 to 20 residents within two blocks of the broken meter temporarily evacuated their homes and Inverness Road was closed as San Diego Gas & Electric personnel made repairs.

Authorities did not immediately reveal what became of the driver.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.