Fire ignites in building that houses transformers - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

Fire ignites in building that houses transformers

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - A mild scare for firefighters battling a blaze at a building near the border.

Crews arrived at the building in the 2300 block of Marconi Place Tuesday night to find light smoke and the alarms and sprinklers going off. When they arrived inside to tackle the fire, they found high-voltage transformers and quickly left because of the risk of electrocution.

SDG&E was called to secure the area. No injuries were reported.

Crews believe the fire started because of a mechanical mishap.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.