Chula Vista couple suffers carbon monoxide poisoning - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Chula Vista couple suffers carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:

CHULA VISTA (CNS) - A South Bay couple was overcome by carbon monoxide fumes at their home Thursday, apparently due to a faulty heater.

The wife made an emergency call shortly before 9:30 a.m. to report that her husband was unconscious and she was feeling disoriented, according to Chula Vista police.

Officers and medics went to the house in the 400 block of Del Mar Court and helped the man and woman, both in their 50s, escape the fumes, Lt. Eric Thunberg said.

An ambulance crew took the couple to a hospital. They were expected to recover, the lieutenant said.

A San Diego Gas & Electric technician dispatched to the residence told police a malfunctioning wall heater seemingly was to blame for the potentially deadly release of toxic vapors.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.