Monday, December 29 2014 3:04 PM EST2014-12-29 20:04:53 GMT
A man suspected of setting a house fire that left his girlfriend with serious burn injuries was taken into custody early Monday morning following a seven-and-a-half-hour-long SWAT standoff in City Heights, police said.
A man suspected of setting a house fire that left his girlfriend with serious burn injuries was taken into custody early Monday morning following a seven-and-a-half-hour-long SWAT standoff in City Heights, police said.
SAN DIEGO (CNS) - The death of a man being held for allegedly setting his girlfriend on fire has been ruled a suicide, officials said Tuesday.
According to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department, Vidal Abraham Webb, 41, jumped from the second floor of the housing module where he was being held at about 10:02 a.m. Tuesday. Emergency personnel responded but could not revive Webb. He was pronounced dead at 10:21 a.m.
The medical examiner's office has yet to determine the cause and manner of death.
Webb allegedly set his girlfriend on fire Sunday morning in the 13800 block of Belvedere Drive. She was taken to UCSD Medical Center's Burn Unit with serious injuries, sheriff's Sgt. Chad Boudreau said.
Deputies were sent to the Poway home around 5:10 a.m. after someone called for help saying a woman was on fire and other residents were dousing her with water, Boudreau said. Webb fled before deputies arrived, he said.
Webb was located at a home in the 3800 block of Chamoune Avenue near Wightman Street in City Heights on Sunday night. He held off law enforcement officers for 7 1/2 hours before being arrested early Monday morning.
He had been scheduled to make his first court appearance Wednesday on charges of attempted murder and arson causing great bodily injury.
Wednesday, January 25 2017 3:25 PM EST2017-01-25 20:25:31 GMT
The San Diego Bowl Game Association says it is dropping the Poinsettia Bowl and opening discussions with the Padres about playing the Holiday Bowl at Petco Park in case the city closes Qualcomm Stadium after 2018.
The San Diego Bowl Game Association says it is dropping the Poinsettia Bowl and opening discussions with the Padres about playing the Holiday Bowl at Petco Park in case the city closes Qualcomm Stadium after 2018.
Wednesday, January 25 2017 3:05 PM EST2017-01-25 20:05:37 GMT
A trial date could be set Wednesday for a former U.S. Navy commander accused of sexually assaulting a colleague at her Valencia Park home last year. John Michael Neuhart II, 39, is charged with assault with intent to commit rape during a burglary and other counts.
A trial date could be set Wednesday for a former U.S. Navy commander accused of sexually assaulting a colleague at her Valencia Park home last year. John Michael Neuhart II, 39, is charged with assault with intent to commit rape during a burglary and other counts.
Wednesday, January 25 2017 10:29 AM EST2017-01-25 15:29:38 GMT
The search for a 5-year-old Fallbrook boy believed to have been swept away by a rushing storm-swollen creek in the Rainbow area in far northern San Diego County is expected to continue for a fourth day Wednesday.
The search for a 5-year-old Fallbrook boy believed to have been swept away by a rushing storm-swollen creek in the Rainbow area in far northern San Diego County is expected to continue for a fourth day Wednesday.
Wednesday, January 25 2017 9:04 AM EST2017-01-25 14:04:33 GMT
San Diego drivers, prepare yourselves to share the road with self-driving cars after the county has chosen as one of the ten areas in the country to test them out.
San Diego drivers, prepare yourselves to share the road with self-driving cars after the county has chosen as one of the ten areas in the country to test them out.