Firefighters knock down Oceanside house fire - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Firefighters knock down Oceanside house fire

Posted: Updated:

OCEANSIDE (CNS) - A fire broke out in a home near the Oceanside Golf Course and destroyed much of its second floor, but no one was injured, fire officials said Sunday morning. 

Firefighters were sent to the two-story home in the 4400 block of Pebble Beach Drive around 9:15 p.m. Saturday. They spotted smoke and fire coming from its roof near the chimney, according to Battalion Chief Terry Collis of the Oceanside Fire Department.

As they pulled back the drywall from the second-story ceiling, they then found the entire attic was in flames, Collis said.

About 40 firefighters from Oceanside, Camp Pendleton, Vista and Carlsbad contained the blaze to the second floor, and had it under control around 9:45 p.m. However, most of the second floor and its contents were destroyed, Collis said.

Collis said the fire apparently started near the chimney of a wood burning fireplace. He estimated the blaze caused about $150,000 in damage.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.