Car catches fire just after being parked in garage - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Car catches fire just after being parked in garage

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8/CNS) - A Rancho Penasquitos family is out of their home Wednesday, after a fire ripped through their garage attached to their two-story home.

One of the residents parked his car inside the three-car garage attached to 14429 Corte Lampara about 10 p.m. Tuesday and within 10 minutes it was in flames, according to San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokesman Lee Swanson.

Arriving firefighters had the blaze out in about 10 minutes, and kept it from spreading to the house.

However, a BMW sedan and a Honda Accord were destroyed, Swanson said.

Swanson said the accidental fire caused about $100,000 in damage.

The home's five residents are staying with family members as authorities worked to determine if the home's electrical system was compromised, according to Swanson.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.