Seau lawyer: family won't disrupt Hall of Fame ceremonies - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Seau lawyer: family won't disrupt Hall of Fame ceremonies

Posted: Updated:

CANTON, Ohio (AP) - The family of the late Junior Seau will not disrupt the Hall of Fame ceremonies on Aug. 8 despite its disagreement with a policy preventing live remarks during a posthumous induction.

Steve Strauss, legal counsel to the Seaus and partner at Cooley LLP, says in an email Monday night that the family "does not want this issue to become a distraction to Junior's accomplishments and legacy or those of the other inductees."

Seau, who took his own life in 2012, will be saluted with a video presentation in which his daughter, Sydney, will speak. But Hall policy does not allow for live speeches during a posthumous induction.

Sydney Seau admitted last week she was upset with not being allowed to give a speech, but Strauss says, "The Seau family looks forward to celebrating Junior's extraordinary accomplishments at the Hall of Fame."

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.