2 people hurt when makeshift stove explodes in Chula Vista - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

2 people hurt when makeshift stove explodes in Chula Vista

Posted: Updated:

CHULA VISTA (CBS 8) - Two men are hospitalized with burns, after a makeshift stove explodes in Chula Vista.

 It happened around 3:00 p.m. Saturday afternoon at Calvary Chapel in the 1700 block of East Palomar Street.

Firefighters say it appears the men cut a can in half, filled it with lighter fluid and then tried to light it.

That's when the can exploded burning the men.

Both were taken to UCSD Medical Center.

Their conditions have not been released. 

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.