Two displaced after house fire in Chollas Creek - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Two displaced after house fire in Chollas Creek

Posted: Updated:
Photo: Twitter @SDFD Photo: Twitter @SDFD

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A cooking accident set a Chollas Creek-area home ablaze Wednesday, causing an estimated $250,000 worth of damage and leaving two people in need of temporary housing assistance.

Flames began spreading through the rear of the single-story house in the 2300 block of Ridge View Drive about 9:45 a.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

It took crews roughly 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze, SDFRD Capt. Joe Amador said.

Investigators determined that unattended food on a propane stove on a back patio caught fire and ignited the residence. The monetary losses were set at $200,000 to the structure and $50,000 to contents.

The American Red Cross was called in to help the displaced residents - both adults - arrange for interim lodging, Amador said.
 

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.