SAN DIEGO (CNS) - The San Diego County Sheriff's Department will have extra patrol squads out in numerous communities over the Thanksgiving weekend as part of its annual Holiday Watch.
The Holiday Watch county locations are:
- From 3 p.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday, in the Walmart parking lot, 13425 Community Road, Poway
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday in the business district along Main Street in Ramona, and 10:30 a.m. at 1674 Main St. and 1855 Main St.
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 3 at the sheriff's substation at 15954 Woods Valley Road in Valley Center where deputies will share crime prevention tips
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. during the first week of December, along Broadway and Lemon Grove Avenue, and Trolley platforms in Lemon Grove
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 8 in Promenade Shopping Center, 800 Palm Avenue, Imperial Beach, where deputies will offer holiday safety tips
- 8 a.m. Dec. 10 through 18 in Walmart parking lot, 1550 Leucadia Blvd. in Encinitas
A decomposing body found inside a 55-gallon barrel that was floating in the San Diego Bay last month has been identified.
The always-heated topic of whether to begin holiday shopping on Thanksgiving Day will be raised again Thursday, as many chain stores will open their doors around San Diego one day before the so-called "Black Friday."
Temperature records were smashed across San Diego County Wednesday as the region hit the expected peak of a mini heat wave.
Ramona may be known for its horses and country living, but this Thanksgiving the town is reclaiming an old title.
The site of the blaze was the subject of a contested vote just last week in which the Escondido City Council voted 3-2 to approve a housing project, "The Villages," which would see 380 new homes built on the 109 acres of the abandoned golf course and country club.
Eight people were rescued and three remained missing after a U.S. Navy plane crashed into the western Pacific Ocean on Wednesday, the Navy said.
A San Diego State University student who died in September when she was struck by a car while attempting to cross Interstate 8 on foot had consumed at least eight shots of rum and had a blood-alcohol content of 0.29 percent, according to a coroner's report released Wednesday.
Three men were arrested Wednesday morning for allegedly firing shots in a Vista neighborhood then opening fire on responding sheriff's deputies.
At least two cars collided in the middle of a Camino Del Norte intersection leaving one vehicle overturned and blocking traffic.
Around 60,000 passengers are expected to pass through San Diego's Lindbergh Field daily during the upcoming holiday weekend.