Evidence in rape spree case laid out in court at preliminary hea - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Evidence in rape spree case laid out in court at preliminary hearing

Posted: Updated:

SAN DIEGO (NEWS 8) —  A man accused of attacking two women in University City and Grantville last year appeared in court on Wednesday.  

Jeremiah Williams is suspected of beating, choking, and sexually assaulting the two women. 

They both took stand and shared their stories.   

A woman known as Jane Doe No. 1 testified on Wednesday that she was beaten, choked and raped by a man who followed her to her University City apartment after she returned from a beach outing. 

In August of last year, Jane Doe No. 1 says she had just been dropped off at the Venetian Apartments on Nobel Drive following a barbecue with friends when she noticed a man - who she later identified as Jeremiah Williams - following her through the parking garage. 

"He came towards me and then attacked me and I fell on the ground," she said.  

She says Williams pointed a gun at her and demanded money. 

Then he allegedly choked her and forced her inside her apartment where he punched her repeatedly in the face, dragged her into a bedroom and raped her. 

"I had a pair of jean shorts on and he pulled it down," she said. "I struggled a little bit, but I don't have enough strength to fight." 

The victim testified that afterwards, Williams forced her into a bathroom and washed her with soap. 

He allegedly left, at which point, she ran to a neighbor's for help. 

She spent a week in the hospital with broken bones to her face; and scratches and bruises on her body. 

The following night, Williams is accused of striking again. 

This time, at a Motel 6 on Alvarado Canyon Road. 

"He was there to hurt me," said Jane Doe No. 2. "You know, he was threatening me. He was being violent. He raped me. We didn't talk." 

Jane Doe No. 2, who says she is a prostitute, says Williams answered an ad on Backdoor. 

The two talked on the phone before agreeing to meet. 

She claims Williams started choking her within minutes of entering her room, asking her if she wanted to know what it felt like to die. 

And at one point, she says he hit her on the side of her head with a gun. 

After blacking out, she says she woke up to Williams raping her. 

"I was screaming 'help, help me,'" she said. "I was trying to run to the door and he was grabbing me, [stopping me] from getting to the door." 

She eventually broke a window and escaped and Williams reportedly ran off into a nearby canyon. 

Officers caught up with him, but they couldn't locate the victim, so they gave him a citation for having a gun and released him. 

Days later, after Jane Doe No. 2 showed up at the hospital, detectives connected the crimes. 

Williams was later taken into custody in Arizona. 

He faces several charges and, if convicted, faces 75 years in prison.  

At the conclusion of Williams' preliminary hearing, which will continue Thursday, Judge Kathleen Lewis will decide if enough evidence was presented to order the defendant to stand trial 


Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2019 KFMB-TV. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.